Programming and Game Design in UDK.
Learn Java on the Udacity MOOC
In this introductory course, you’ll learn and practice essential computer science concepts using the Java programming language. You’ll learn about Object Oriented Programming, a technique that allows you to use code written by other programmers in your own programs. You’ll put your new Java programming skills to the test by solving real-world problems faced by software engineers.
Why Take This Course?
Java is one of the most popular programming languages used by software developers today. It is the core language used in developing Android apps, and is also commonly used in back-end web development. If you’re new to programming and want to enter either of these fields, this course is a great place to get started.
Even if you don’t have a career trajectory in mind, Java programming is a great option for first-time coders due to its popularity and ease of use. This course will provide you with a solid foundation in computer science and Object Oriented Programming concepts, as well as set you on the path for success as a software engineer.
- Udacity: Intro to Java Programming course
- Note: This course requires the BlueJ IDE. A free Java Development Environment designed for beginners.
What Will I Learn? Syllabus:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Computers, Programming Languages, Algorithms, and the Java Programming Environment
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Classes and Objects
- Lesson 3: Graphics
- Lesson 4: Fundamental Data Types
- Lesson 5: Decisions
- Lesson 6: Iterations
- Lesson 7: Arrays, ArrayLists and Simple Array Algorithms
- Lesson 8: Methods (Parameter Passing, Instance vs. Static Methods)
- Lesson 9: Inheritance
http://www.indiedb.com/games/reggae-speed/tutorials/creating-a-simple-2d-game-with-xna-1-basic-rendering-and-input For Xna/ Visual Studio c#
^ Very good link, much better than microsofts stupid tutorial.
Eberts said someone should try this.
Simple Flash Vertical shooter