So you have done the mBot robotics course and are ready for the big bots. This page contains all the assignments, links, and resources for the advanced course.
Setup and install Vex RobotC Robot Virtual Worlds (RVW)
RobotC is a programming language developed for and used by most popular robot learning systems. (You might have heard of C, C#, or C++. Robot C is based on and related to these languages.) RobotC should already be installed on your computer, but you likely need to go through a bit of setup to get the tutorials loaded. Follow the instructions on the page linked below to get started.
- Getting Started with Robot Virtual Worlds
- Choose Curriculum Companion for your Virtual World choice.
- Choose to create a Local Account – use your school login to create the account. If you use the Guest account, none of your progress will be saved.
Build the Vex EDR Clawbot
Program and configure controls
- Load default control program (twin sticks)
- Create a single stick control program
- Remote Control Buttons Lab
- Setup Wireless Downloading
VEX EDR Curriculum
Add a Motor
- Adding motors to your robot to update or change it’s function.
For the final project, you will be allowed to reconfigure your robot. There will be a design brief with a challenge to complete. Your robot design is completely up to you with additional wheels, motors, metal parts, etc. being available. Choice of:
- Add on to default Clawbot. Add and code sensors, encoders, grippers, or other mechanisms.
- Design, build and code a new chassis and drivetrain.
- There may be a budget to purchase new/more parts. Vex parts available from iDesign Solutions.