COURSE MAM1040: E-COMMERCE 1
Description: Students will investigate the concept of e-commerce as a marketing strategy and design an e-commerce Web site to sell products and/or services.
Note: The e-commerce Web site that is designed does not need to be published on the Internet; it can be operational on a local machine/network, if necessary.
Students will setup/install WordPress (or other appropriate CMS of their choosing) on the class webserver. You may already have a working WordPress running from the previous course.
- Download WordPress from https://wordpress.org/
- Obtain the server information
- Server IP Address
- Your Username/Password
- Database Username/Password
- Follow the instructions on the WordPress website to setup/install WordPress
- Customize WordPress to your liking
- Install the WooCommerce plugin to add a storefront to your site
- Configure the store settings according to location, currency, tax, etc.
- Customize the storefront to your liking
- Create a minimum of 3 product categories
- Add a minimum 3 items with price, photos and description to each category.
- Setup a couple of user accounts with different levels of access to your site. Ex.) Account1 can add blog posts, Account2 can add items to the shop.
- Complete the Web Hosting Assignment.